PHP Scripts are executed on the server
What You Should Already Know
Before you continue you should have basic knowledge of following topics:
What is PHP?
- PHP is an acronym for “PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor”
- PHP is a widely-used, open source scripting language
- PHP scripts are executed on the server
- PHP is free to download and use
PHP is amazing and popular language!!!
It is powerful enough to be at the core the biggest blogging system on the web (WordPress)!!!
It is deep enough to run largest social network (facebook) !!!
It is also easy enough to be a beginners first server side language!!![/message_box]
What is PHP file ?
- PHP file can contain text,HTML,CSS,PHP code
- PHP code are executed on server and result is returned to the browser at the plain HTML
- PHP file have extension “.php”
What can PHP do ?
- PHP can generate dynamic web page content
- PHP can read,delete,write,crear,open and close file on the server
- PHP can collect form data
- PHP can send and receive cookies
- PHP can add,delete,modify data in database
- PHP can used to control user access
- PHP can encrypt data
[sam id=”4″ codes=”true”]
Why PHP ?
- PHP run on various platforms (Windows,Linux,Unix,Mac OS , etc.)
- PHP is compatible almost all server used today (WAMP,Apache,IIS, etc)
- PHP support wide range of database
- PHP is easy to learn and run efficiently on server side
What do I need ?
To star using php you can:
- Find Web host with PHP and MySql support
- Install web server on your own PC and then install PHP and MySql
Use a Web Host With PHP Support
If your server has activated support for PHP you do not need to do anything.
Just create some .php files, place them in your web directory, and the server will automatically parse them for you.
You do not need to compile anything or install any extra tools.
Because PHP is free, most web hosts offer PHP support.