Step 1: Understanding Diode
Diode has two terminals Anode (+) and Cathode (-). Terminals can be identified by the shaded portion at the end of the diode. Terminal near the shaded portion is Cathode (-) and other one is anode (+).
Diode can be tested with the help of Diode function of the multimeter
Step 2: DMM Connection
- Power ON the multimeter
- Turn the knob towards the “Diode Function”
- The Digital Meter will show no reading as there are no terminals connected.
Step 3:Testing Leads Connection
- Connect the leads in forward biasing i.e. Positive to the Anode and Negative to the Cathode.
- Connections should be tight and neat
- After connecting note down the reading.
How to Test a Diode using Multimeter
The multimeter will show theforward voltage drop between the two testing leads.