The operating procedure of hydraulic pipe bending machine is simple when compared to other pipe bending machine. Biggest improvements were placing the hydraulic cylinder near the die holder. The hydraulic pipe bending press is most bend accuracy due to less deflection in the table. The die holder is used to hold the die in the proper position. We have to change the die to produce different shape of pipe such as ‘V’ type, ‘L’ type etc.
Hydraulic pump consists of piston, piston rod and oil. The hydraulic pump reciprocating handle is move upward and downward continuously, so that the compressed oil goes to the hydraulic cylinder. The hydraulic cylinder consists of piston and piston rod. The end of the piston rod the ram is fixed. The compressed oil pushes the hydraulic cylinder piston forward. Already the pipe to be bended is fixed in between die and ram. The die is supported by the die holders.
By changing the die in the hydraulic pipe bending machine, we have to produce different shape of bended pipe such as “V” type, “L” type etc. The ram is strike the pipe forcely, so that the pipe is bended according to the shape of the die in the die holder. This is a simple pressing mechanism.
1. Hydraulic pipe bending machine develops greater forces than mechanical pressure and hence it is for forming, bending, and drawing and extrusion operations.
2. The hydraulic pipe bending machine can exert its full forces at any position of the ram stroke whereas the force is maximum at the end of stroke in mechanical press.
3. The sliding action of the punch slide is uniform.
4. The length of stroke can be varied even within small ranges.
5. No noise, no vibrations and hence smooth operation.
6. Stroke length and position of stroke can be varied easily.
7. Wide speed ranges.
8. Inertia losses are less.
1. Initial cost is high.
2. High maintenance cost.
- The hydraulic pipe bending machine brakes can be fitted with hundreds of tooling options for acting as a press brake (using the table as the level for accuracy),
- Ram bender (for pipe or solids),
- Rotary draw tubing bender
- Shear, punch, ornamental iron twisting machine, straightener, etc.
- This machine tool is great for any welding shop, fabricator, or general job shop.